UPDATE (9/25/2014): NBI Clearance Center at Robinsons Cybergate Cebu is currently CLOSED. You may secure your NBI clearance at their regional office in Capitol Site, or at J Centre Mall in Mandaue.
This is an updated guide on how to get an NBI clearance at the NBI Clearance Center at the 3rd level of Robinsons Cybergate Cebu. This post is accurate as of August 12, 2013, based on information gathered by the blogger, and his first-hand experience in getting an NBI clearance.
What to Prepare. These are the things you need to prepare before you head out to get your NBI clearance:
- One valid identification card. School IDs, company IDs, government-issued IDs (SSS, Postal, Voter's, PRC, driver's licenses) and passports are among those which will be accepted. In lieu of a valid ID, you may also present your original NSO birth certificate or police clearance.
- P115.00 for each purpose that you need an NBI clearance. So if you have two purposes (such as for passport and for employment), that means you'll need to pay P230.00.
- Get your priority number from the security guard at the mall's Call Center entrance. I went there at around 10:30am, and was 248th on that day. As the numbers are accommodated by batch, I was told to come back at 2:30pm.
- Proceed to the waiting area at Level 2, near the elevator area. An NBI personnel will arrange the clearance-getters according to priority number (if you still haven't organized yourselves when he arrives). You will then be directed to go to Level 3. In my case, it was already past 3pm when we were finally on our way upstairs.
- Fill out your clearance form. Once at the center, an NBI personnel will give you a clearance form and instruct you how to fill it out correctly.
Steps. Once you've filled out your form, you will now undergo these steps to finally get your NBI clearance:
- Payment. Give your payment to the personnel in-charge. If you can prepare the exact amount, all the better to speed up the process.
- Encoding. Keep your eyes on the monitor, and see to it that the data entered is correct. Should there be a mistake in the encoding and you discover this later after printing of the clearance, there would be no other way but to undergo the entire process again (which means, you have to pay again too).
- Biometrics/Image Capture. The NBI will take your picture and fingerprints.
- Releasing. If you're clear, then you can get your NBI clearance instantly!
Hit. If you are a hit, you cannot get your clearance immediately. You will be told to come back after a wait period of 15 working days. But when your 3-week wait is done, it is best though to give them a call first before going back there. It's possible there have been delays in checking your records and you may not yet be cleared in the promised time, as was my case. The good news is you won't have to queue again when you get your clearance. Just immediately proceed to the Releasing Section and hand over your receipt to the person-in-charge and he will print your clearance. This shouldn't take more than ten minutes.
Your NBI clearance will then be valid for one year from the date of issue. If you have an expired clearance and you need one again, you will need to undergo through the whole process, as there are no more renewals in this computerized system used by the bureau.
The actual processing only takes around 25 to 40 minutes, but additional time is spent in queuing up. But compared with last year, getting an NBI clearance is now much easier, quicker and more convenient. Based on my latest experience and provided that you don't have any hits, you can get your NBI clearance in less than two hours (not counting the time I spent in getting a priority number).
The NBI Clearance Center at Robinsons Cybergate Cebu is open from Monday to Friday, 10am to 5pm. Their telephone number is (032) 520-8315.