Monday, October 5, 2015

Sweldo (A Payphone Parody)

Three years ago, when Maroon 5 scored a massive hit with "Payphone," I came up with my very own short parody of the song called "Cellphone" (watch the video here). Early this year, I had another idea, which stemmed when I changed "Wa na ko'y cellphone" to "Wa na ko'y sweldo" (I eventually settled with "Hurot ang sweldo") one time when I had to endure the so-called tingbitay-sa-iro days.

While it's been a while since I've finished this parody (and I've sung this song many times live too in my radio program!), it was just recently that I've finally put this on record. And so, here it is. OPC presents my alternate (but longer) "Payphone" parody called "Sweldo." Enjoy!


SWELDO
By DJ David Dash
A parody of "Payphone" by Maroon 5

Hurot ang sweldo, gamay kaayo
Gasto diri ug gasto didto
Wa ko kabantay, zero na diay
Mao nang magdaginot na ko

Wa na'y yamo for tomorrow
Bisag sweldo yesterday
Pwede ba ko maka-borrow
Sunod sweldo ko mo-pay

Di na magpalabi'g gasto
Kay daghan pag bayranan
Tanang kuwarta that I wasted
Maypa'g gi-bangko na lang

Ngitngit akong nights
Naputlan og lights
Kandila na lang
Ang gidagkutan
Kanus-a pa man ko makabayad
Akong u naglabad

Hurot ang sweldo, gamay kaayo
Gasto diri ug gasto didto
Wa ko kabantay, zero na diay
Mao magdaginot na ko
Sugod karon angay magtinihik
Dapat di pud mag-usik-usik
Di na magpataka og palit
Kung way kwarta porte kapait
Hurot na ang sweldo

No comments:

Post a Comment