Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Christina Grimmie, "Without Him" [OPC Hits 2016.9.11]

I knew Christina Grimmie was a The Voice finalist, but I didn't really pay attention to her. I only started to check out her music only when the tragic news of her passing broke out. This lady had powerful vocals! But more than her vocals, I was amazed at her powerful declaration, saying that "Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior and I'm not at all ashamed of it." Curiously, she wrote that in the description of the Youtube video of her cover of "In Christ Alone," where she sang the words:

No guilt in life, no fear in death,
This is the power of Christ in me;
From life's first cry to final breath.
Jesus commands my destiny.
No power of hell, no scheme of man,
Can ever pluck me from His hand;
Till He returns or calls me home,
Here in the power of Christ I'll stand.

So in the words of that song, she said it best. Her Savior has already called her home, and she is now "glistening from up in Heaven and shining down on all of us" (as Before You Exit puts it), but maybe it ain't too late for me to become a fan. Her family has posthumously released Side A, an EP which contains this track called "Without Him," which lands at #1 on this week's Popsounds chart:


OPC Hits
September 11-17, 2016

TWLWPPWCARTISTTITLE
POPSOUNDS
1-1@11Christina GrimmieWithout Him
2-21Black Eyed Peas#WheresTheLove [feat. The World]
3-31Shawn MendesMercy
4222Michael BubléNobody But Me
511@13X AmbassadorsUnsteady
6-61GalantisNo Money
7425DJ SnakeLet Me Love You [feat. Justin Bieber]
8662BastilleGood Grief
9-91Cash CashMillionaire [with Digital Farm Animals feat. Nelly]
10736The ChainsmokersCloser [feat. Halsey]
PRAISE PARADE
121@13Jason GrayCelebrate
214@15Casting CrownsOne Step Away
3325Every Nation MusicAuthor of My Life [feat. Bryson Breakey]
4442Tauren WellsLove Is Action
5543CitylovemusicNearer to You
6653Rend CollectiveEvery Giant Will Fall
7835The AftersBattles
8725SkilletStars
91093Elim SoundJoy
10-53PlumbSmoke
PINOY PICKS
1-1@11Yeng ConstantinoPaasa (T.A.N.G.A.)
212@13Hazel FaithKinikilig
3223Leanne and NaaraAgain
4333Rico BlancoWag Mong Aminin
5553GracenoteGusto Ko [feat. Alexa Ilacad]

No comments:

Post a Comment