Wednesday, August 17, 2011

I Know You're There, I Can Hear You!

One late afternoon in the office, the phone rang. I picked it up, "Good afternoon."

There was no answer. However, I can hear some noise on the background telling me that the line was still open. After several seconds, I said, "Hello... I know you're there! I can hear you!"

"Uh, hello, mamalihug kong Mark," the voice on the other end of the line finally demanded.

"Ah ah, kadali lang Sir," I stuttered as I replied. It was our company president.

This entry was originally published at my Talkthrough blog on September 14, 2006.

1 comment:

  1. Almost similar incident also happened to me.

    One night [im on a night shift], the phone rang. Steve answered it, conversed with the person on the other line, after a minute or two, he put the phone down. Steve went outside after that.

    Then the phone rang again, so i answered it. Before i can even utter my usual "Hello, HTML Lab!", the caller on the other line said:" Nganong imo mang gibutang?"

    I replied, "Huh? Gibutang ba? Kinsa man ka?", in a somewhat rude way.

    He then answered: "Uhm, kinsa diay to hingtubag sa phone ganina?", in an authoritative tone.

    It's just then when i realized that the owner of the voice on the other line was no less than the president of the company! [The same person that caused your stuttering! ahihiihii.]

    ReplyDelete