Saturday, November 3, 2012

Jeepney Tales

Here are two jeepney tales that I have overheard over time. While the first is rather funny, the second is a sad reality of how some need to conceal the truth just to keep a job so they could provide for their family:

Where Are We Going

Two elementary school girls had this conversation on the jeepney:

Girl 1: Asa diay ta monaog? Sa Lahug?
Girl 2: Dili, sa eskuwelahan.
Girl 1: So sa Lahug lagi?
Girl 2: Kay eskuwelahan diay nang Lahug?

They disembarked at Lahug Elementary School.

A Kid's Question

I was on my ride home one Saturday night and there was this mother and daughter on the jeep with me. The mother, still in her youth, late 20's maybe, was wearing a uniform indicating that she is a saleslady of a certain product brand in a department store. Her daughter was around 3-5 years old. I overheard the kid ask: "Ma, di na ko mag-Até nimo kay wala na man ta sa Ayala?"

A Kid's Question was first published in 359 Degrees, my blog at Yahoo! 360° on May 3, 2006.

No comments:

Post a Comment