Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Top 10 Mayweather-Pacquiao Punchlines


The so-called "Fight of the Century" is done. The result: A unanimous decision victory for Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Technically, I do agree that he won, but still I found the fight unconvincing and underwhelming. With that, here are OPC's Top 10 Mayweather-Pacquiao Punchlines:
  1. Pacquiao was rumored to wear jogging pants instead of shorts to make room for more sponsor logos. But he would still have lost. His jogging speed will still be slower than Mayweather's running.
  2. Mayweather was overheard telling Pacquiao during the match: "You are actually the better fighter, but I am the better lover. So here are some hugs!"
  3. Mayweather was again overheard telling Pacquiao during the match: "You may also be quick to punch, but I'm quicker to run!"
  4. In an interview, Mayweather said: "I was actually just copying Pacquiao's technique. He ran in congress and won. So I tried running in the ring and I won too! Effective!"  
  5. Rumor has it that Mayweather will retire in boxing so he can concentrate on his new sport: track and field!
  6. Breaking news: The referee for the Mayweather-Pacquiao match has just been suspended! He was suspended for his failure to blow his whistle and call a travelling violation against Floyd.
  7. It would have been better if the boxing referee was replaced by a traffic enforcer or a police officer. Hit and run would have gotten Mayweather arrested.
  8. Mayweather said he gave a mediocre performance because he thought it still wasn't the actual fight. He thought it was just a rehearsal; he thought it was still a dry run.
  9. Some people asked me to stop my Mayweather punchlines already. They've had enough. I responded: "PUNCH-lines? It's more like RUN-lines, right?!"
  10. But before I stop, let me give you just one more punchline I haven't thrown yet. I haven't been able to throw it yet because... I've been busy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment