Monday, November 2, 2015

#DavidDASHensei: October Digest

Did you dream about a fairy asking you for money so she could buy soy sauce in a meat store in the desert? Now, how do you say that in Japanese? If you choose to read on, you will find out how! Here are the featured words in #DavidDASHensei's Word of the Day for October. And tune in to Iskrambol sa Buntag with David Dash (Mon-Fri, 6-10am; Sat, 6-9am) on 106.7 Home Radio Cebu for more.


SHOUYU, soy sauce 

To use in a sentence: Shouyu to raamen ga suki desu.
Translation: I like ramen with soy sauce.
To use in another sentence:
Ha? Di ka kahibalo unsaon? Tan-awa, let me SHOUYU! 

YOUSEI, fairy 

To use in a sentence: Yousei to koi ni imasu yo.
Translation: I'm in love with a fairy.
To use in other sentences:
(1) Maglalis gyud ta kay when I say no, YOUSEI yes!
(2) Kung naa sa public place, bawal mag-YOUSEI.
To use in a song:
YOUSEI, I only hear what I want to 
And YOUSEI, I talk so all the time so... 

OKANE, money 

To use in a sentence: Watashi wa okane ga arimasen.
Translation: I don't have money.
To use in another sentence:
Di ko ani kay mahal. Kini, mahal gihapon. OKANE kay barato!

YUME, dream 

To use in a sentence: Amai yume o mimashita.
Translation: I had a sweet dream.
To use in a situation:
Student: Sir, kaihion ko. May I go out? 
Teacher: Yes, YUME go out! 

SABAKU, desert 

To use in a sentence:  Sore wa sabaku de atsui desu.
Translation: It's hot in the desert.
To use in other sentences:
(1) Puno na ang jeep, mao na nga ning SABAKU! 
(2) Kahilom ba sa payag oi. Para di mingaw, mag-SABAKU!

NIKUYA, meat store 

To use in a sentence: Watashi wa nikuya kara gyuuniku o kaimashita.
Translation: I bought beef from the butcher.
To use in another sentence:
Nawala ang lipstick ni Ate kay gikuha man NIKUYA! 

SENTAKU, choose 

To use in a sentence: "Hai" mata wa "iie" o sentaku shite kudasai.
Translation: Please choose "Yes" or "No."
To use in a song:
Pasko na SENTAKU, hanap-hanap kita...

No comments:

Post a Comment