Saturday, November 26, 2011

Beach Rally

A few months ago, I blogged about Snake Xenzia. This time, I’m featuring another game on the Nokia X1-01, Beach Rally. It is a race-type game that actually reminds me of Road Fighter from the Nintendo Entertainment System (actually, I knew it as the Family Computer when I was a kid). You control a red sports car and try to go as far as possible.

Along the way, you’ll be able to pick up some power ups in the form of lightnings which boost your car’s speed for a short period of time, and flags which add five seconds to the game clock.

There are other cars in the course, but I consider these as just obstacles since the game is not really about getting to the finish line ahead and being ahead in the ranking. So you plainly have to overtake them and no longer worry about them catching up with you.

When you get to a checkpoint, more time will be added to your clock and the game goes on. But once you run out of time, then it’s game over for you! Your final score will then be assessed, with your final total multiplied depending on the level you have chosen (Easy is times one, Medium is times 1.5, and Hard times two).

The farthest I’ve gone: 4 checkpoints and a final score of 7926 on the hard level. Now I gotta play some more and master this game. If I do, I might just see “Superman” flying by. Just like Road Fighter, right?

1 comment: