Tuesday, January 13, 2015

When All Your Fave Teams Make It to the Final Four


There are four teams I closely keep an eye on in the NFL. They are the Green Bay Packers, New England Patriots, Seattle Seahawks and the Indianapolis Colts. Throughout the regular season, I cheered them on and was happy all of them made it to the playoffs.

Three of them made it to the bye and one had to go through the wildcard phase, but ultimately, all of them won their respective divisional round matches. That's great! But now I have one dilemma. They now have to face each other. Whose side will I be on?

Green Bay Packers. This is my original favorite team back in my elementary days, back when there was still Studio 23 and it was still showing the NFL games. (The channel introduced me to the world of american football.) I don't know how or why I liked this team, I don't even remember if they were winning or not. But fast forward to today, I find myself still rooting for them. The pack of Aaron Rodgers (even with a bad calf) are still keeping opponents at bay.

Seattle Seahawks. This team has been added to my favorites list since just last season. Between them and the Denver Broncos, they were my choice to be the champs last year. But what made me really like this team are their God-loving and role model players like Russell Wilson who boldly declared that "Jesus is better than the Super Bowl." And they won shortly after that! I wouldn't be surprised if they go all the way again! 

Packers vs. Seahawks. When these two met in the regular season, at first I was unable to determine who I wanted to win. But as the game went on, I found myself taking the Packers' side. That's when I found out which team I am a bigger fan of. So while I want the Packers to win this NFC match-up (the Seahawks already won last year anyway), I would also be happy to see the Seahawks win and have a chance to play back-to-back Super Bowls.

New England Patriots. This team is an acquired favorite. Over the recent years that I've watched them do their thing, I've learned to admire how this team plays and wins together. Finishing first in their division eleven times in fourteen years is no easy feat! This is the only NFL team I have a jersey of (#84, Deion Branch, Reebok era). I also like that this team at least considered Tim Tebow on their roster.

Indianapolis Colts. This is my "adopted" favorite team in the NFL, as my US counterparts at work are mostly from this city. As one of them told me before the start of the 2012 season, keeping her expectations realistic, "they're bound to win a few games." But look where they are now. With Andrew Luck at center, it wasn't just a few. They've made it to three consecutive post-seasons, and I would love to see Luck take them to the next level. I don't believe in luck, but I believe in Andrew Luck.

Colts vs. Patriots. I'm picking the Patriots to win over the Colts on the AFC Championship game. However, if the Colts pull another upset like they did the Broncos, then that would also be cool, knowing that I'd be corresponding with happy counterparts as their home team heads to Arizona for Super Bowl XLIX.

And while it is inevitable that two of my fave teams will soon be taken out of contention, it's a comfort that it will be two of my favorites that will advance, no matter what. Four teams left, three more games, one champion. The rest of this NFL season will definitely be exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment